2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, June 24, 2019

Purging

When purging the basement turns up these gems:

Julia was approximately 9 years old when she produced these- an unfinished "Daddy and me" portrait
Can we say daddy's girl?

My personal favorite - a Christmas break bucket list
At first I thought she wanted to visit another country then realized she was referring to an ice rink.

Every animal is special.  We have two right now that are living proof.

Savannah thought this might have been hers, but Julia remembers doing it.

Much of what I am finding does not bring me joy.  So far I have repurposed a small, animal habitat.  Most of the first aide supplies under the sink fit in it nicely.  I have tossed a couple of things and am getting ready to start a donation pile, but these gems are keepers - even if only digitally:)

So I awoke this morning with such hope.  We decided yesterday to splurge on a vacation. Then we spent about 8 hours without power and concerned that our recently stocked fridge and freezer were in jeopardy.  All is well.  Today I can't get a reservation at a kennel for the dogs.  Andy came home from work and figured out that the air conditioner is not working, and it's a fix beyond his expertise.  UGH!  So my hope is sinking.  

6/28/2019 update: The good: The air conditioner is working again and only cost $69 and resulted in lots of purging in the basement.   I found a kennel for the dogs. The bad: The air conditioner repair came with a recommendation to replace the whole unit, and the kennel I found is slightly pricier than our normal kennel, but it's closer to home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.