2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Inspire...d

For months I have had an Inspire Bible in my cart on Amazon.  I never bought it because initially it was still full price which I am rarely willing to pay.  It is also a Bible with drawings to be colored, and I have some of those adult coloring books, including one that is a combo devotional book, and I am not really a fan.  Finally, I also have a few Bibles and could not justify another.

Andy asked for my birthday wish list, and it was among the items I sent him.  He surprised me with it for our anniversary.  It was our silver anniversary, so he also got me a silver watch band that I requested.

I wanted this Bible because I have been filling my Bible up with post-it notes as I read and note the characteristics of God.  It's become thick and bulky, and I am no where near finished.  I looked for a Bible with a journaling column and came across this one. I just have to share it because it's so pretty.  In fact, I have colored the inside cover, but I can't yet bring myself to put my terrible handwriting in it.



There is a pocket in the back that contains stickers.

Page edges - my favorite part

room for journaling

not quite sure what to do with the vellum pages

some of the pages have art for coloring

The inside cover - that gorgeous orange flower in the lower left corner was colored by Julia. I used Crayola erasable colored pencils, and they actually erase pretty well.  I wish the colors were more vibrant, but clearly Julia can make it vibrant.  I guess I need more practice or patience or something.

If you have seen the journaling Bibles, there are all kinds of templates and pens dedicated to them.  Artsy crafty people really make them beautiful.  I am not artsy crafty.  Savannah has a journaling Bible without art templates and has done some really gorgeous work in it.  

They remind me of old Bibles. We visited the Creation museum when they had a Bible exhibit.  The really old Bibles were decorated with amazing art that was rich in color.  I like that people are personalizing them with their own art.  I just have no artistic talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.