As most of you are aware, a typhoon hit the Philippines last week and caused unprecedented destruction to that country. What you probably don't know is that this family sponsors a nine-year-old girl in the Philippines. We are still awaiting word on if she and her family are okay. We sponsored another child who is now an adult from the Philippines for several years, and she has not been able to make contact with her aunts, cousins, and grandmother. Her mom is searching for them. Please pray for this devastated country, and if you can, donate to the relief effort. I have added a widget to the upper right hand corner of my blog (under the banner) which you can simply click to reach a donation page for Compassion International. Compassion already has boots on the ground in the Philippines, and their centers are making every effort to confirm the safety of Compassion sponsored children and to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the community. Samaritan's Purse also has experience with disaster relief, and I am sure they are already have boots on the ground there too.
It does not take a lot of money from one person to make a big difference. It only takes a little bit from many people, so even if you can only spare $5, it will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.