2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Taking a risk

As adoptive parents, Andy and I feel very strongly that physical injuries heal better and faster than emotional ones.  With that in mind, Andy took Zach back to the hand surgeon ready to to persuade the doctor to allow Zach to return to the football field this Friday night.  Whatever the outcome of the game, this is likely to be the last home game of Zach's senior year.  It is also a playoff game, and Zach was certainly missed in last week's game.

The doctor agreed to allow Zach to play, but that agreement followed stern warnings about the potential for further injury and longer recovery, much longer recovery.  While that warning makes me nervous, we will go forward with the plan to allow Zach to play.  I was actually very surprised we got the release.  The healing looked a little off on the x-ray today, so I would ask for prayer that  Zach will still have a full recovery.  Whatever happens, I would also ask that God receive the glory.  My anger over this situation has really challenged me lately as this injury was the result of a cheap shot that was not likely seen by the refs as the play was on down the field, but the refs ignored several cheap shots prior to this one which set the player up to feel like he could get away with it, and he did.  In my opinion one player, line coaches, and refs are all guilty of jeopardizing Zach's senior playoff season, and given his role on one of the best defensive lines in the state, they jeopardized the season for the whole team.  So, I must now work to forgive, and forgiving comes a little easier with the knowledge that Zach can play again.

I am asking for prayers that there will be no further injury.  The team we play on Friday night has a long history of playing dirty, but they were pretty clean this year in regular season play.

We are doing the happy dance here in celebration that Zach gets to return to football action on Friday night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.