On Tuesday, Wyatt and I went on an adventure. We visited a fossil bed, something he has longed to do for a while now.
 |
| He loved the mammoth. |
 |
| He amazes me with his ability to identify rocks and minerals. |
 |
| We had a great view of the city skyline along the way. |
Wyatt does not like amusement parks, and because his school does not allow for a directory, we struggle to connect with friends outside of school. He openly admits that Julia's social calendar makes him jealous. Unfortunately, one of his best buddies moved out of state this week, so they got together for the last time about a week and and a half ago.

 |
saying goodbye
I confess that I really do not find fossils to be very interesting. If we had planned better, we could have taken a guided tour which probably would have been better for both of us. It was my birthday, and I selfishly wanted to spend the day doing what I wanted, but I always have a good time with my buddy. We hope to return in the fall. The fossil beds are about 20 degrees hotter than the temperature outside because of the reflection of the sunlight on the limestone. Summer is probably not the best time to visit, but it sure is hard to find time any other time. Wyatt is the odd man out unfortunately. Everyone here, except for Wyatt returns to school on or before Wednesday, the 14th. He does not start until the 20th which will make for a lonely week for my social guy.
I mentioned my birthday and must share that because Julia does not like one of my favorite desserts (cheesecake), Andy bought a DQ s'mores cake for my birthday - BEST. DQ. CAKE. EVER! Savannah baked a cheesecake, and it would be pretty hard to top her cheesecake as well. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.