2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

We celebrated Easter in a big way.

Our weekend started with a trip out of town on Saturday where we celebrated Ch-b-easter. Of course that is not a real word, but we celebrated Christmas (yes, Christmas- an accident requiring a long recovery for Andy's sister derailed our Christmas plans), birthdays, and Easter.  
We had a great time celebrating and visiting, and I think all the gifts were a hit.

On Easter morning we headed to church first thing. We attended the only service we could all attend as  a family given Zach's work schedule.  He left church and headed straight to work, so for the first year ever, Zach did not receive his Easter basket with the rest of the kids.
We changed our clues for the Easter basket scavenger hunt.  The kids only had the scripture reference and had to look that up to determine the key word to find the next clue.

We found it symbolic to make the last few clues send them to a cup, bread, and the cross.




I worked the afternoon service at church.  If you are a member of my church, and you love children, the 2:00 service on Christmas and Easter really runs short on volunteers.  Please consider serving at those services.  While I was away, the rest of the family sent Zach on a solo search for his Easter basket, so I did not get to witness it.

After serving at church, we headed to Dad's for our Easter dinner, egg hunt and egg coloring.

I got some quality time with Ira.  He is such a happy baby, and I hope the two on the way are as easy-going and happy as this guy.  

All the teenagers decided that this would be the year that they would stop the egg hunt.  They just wanted candy, so I told them they had to hunt eggs to get candy.  Zach stated that they could just go to Walmart and buy a bag.  What party poopers!


Wyatt led the prayer for Easter dinner and did a great job.  His prayer reflected much thankfulness.  Wyatt thanks everyone often.

Julia has new clothes - a Christmas gift that is so Julia.

Regan picked up eggs one at a time and took them to Jonathan to put in her bag - so cute to watch her run back and forth picking up eggs.




Regan loved coloring eggs.  In fact, her only real meltdown was over having to stop.

We finished the day with The Bible on The History Channel.  We missed the first hour of the final episode but found it to be a very nicely done series overall.


We start spring break today with plans for cleaning, painting and such.  I have to admit that I need an attitude adjustment.  Instead of hanging on to the joy I felt yesterday over a king who would die in my place and resurrect himself from the dead, I am bemoaning the fact that I have one spring break left with all of my kids at the same time.  We have never taken an overnight spring break trip, and that looks like it is out of the question for next year. How selfish am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.