2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, March 29, 2013

Flashback Friday

Going back quite a bit on this post as it includes people I never even met...

My paternal great-grandparents - Romulus and Iva
I never met either of them.  I don't see any family resemblance to my dad and his children.  However, I do see some resemblance to my uncle and my cousin.



This is my grandpa, son to the couple above.

another picture of my grandpa

This is my grandma with my dad and my uncle.  My dad is on the left.  Do you see any resemblance to the little guy below--my nephew, Ira?


For the record, this picture was taken in July.  Ira is a true blond now, no more red highlights. Oh and by the way, Ira is going to be a big brother.  Yes, you read that right!  In late July or early August, Jonathan and Danielle will be outnumbered with three kiddos under the age of three, and this one is another boy, so Regan will remain the queen bee.
or maybe you see some resemblance to this guy - yep, that is Zach on his first birthday, and his eyes were always wide open just like that
Zach gets his coloring from Andy.  In fact, he is the only biological grandchild on my side of the family with brown eyes.  If my limited knowledge of genetics is correct, the two new babies on the way will not have brown eyes either.

My dad and my uncle, my dad is on the back of the horse, I think?  Dad is older but shorter.  Their age difference in only 11 months, so I am not sure when the height difference showed up.


This is my dad and uncle with their cousin Edith.  Aren't they a great looking bunch?  Dad is in the middle.

My dad, no idea how old he is here.

This is the picture that kind of surprises me.  This is my dad with his cousin, Edith, standing behind him.  He is surrounded by her children, and this was taken shortly after he returned from Vietnam.  Dad served in Vietnam after college as a commissioned officer, so he would have been in his early 20s.  He looks like a high school student to me.

These pictures all came from my cousin Susie.  Tessa (also expecting and due in November) and I went to a bridal shower at her house, and she had these scanned, printed and on a CD for my sister-in-law.  Of course, I loaded them into my files and did some touching up while awaiting the opportunity to give them to Danielle.  I have so much fun with pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.