2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, March 1, 2013

Flashback Friday

Bracelet of Faith





The bracelet pictured above was worn through much of our journey to adopt Julia.  After completing Beth Moore's Believing God study, I felt I would miss the blue cord of faith around my wrist.  Through that study I learned that a bracelet could be so much more than a pretty ornament.  It can also be a reminder to pray as it is always in front of you and often in your way.  It can be a conversation starter for a journey you are taking which opens the door to plant seeds.

This bracelet has three charms on it.  There is the Chinese symbol for love.  Love launches adoptions, and China is a culture and a people we have come to love.  There is a small disk with a reminder to "trust God" engraved on it.  The engraving is wearing thin.  Finally, there is a mustard seed because the mustard seed of faith was all I had sometimes during that journey.  This is to be one of Julia's final Gotcha Day gifts as she reaches those last years before adulthood.

I have been thinking of bracelets quite a bit lately.  For years I have looked for something meaningful and beautiful to wear around my wrist, something to remind me to pray for needs and represent my life.    I have not come up with anything yet and am now considering a Pandora charm bracelet.  I have seen them around for years and like the idea of charms that do not dangle so much, but they seemed too bulky for my taste.  They also seem prettiest when they are theme based, and my style in charms is too varied.  Therefore, I have not really looked at them too closely. I finally paid a visit to the store, tried one on, and brought home the catalog.  I have decided that this is the way to go to build a meaningful bracelet, so I will start saving for one.  I have looked at other brands but really like the new Pandora clasp.  I have charms on an old bracelet that I would like to transfer over which is concerning because Pandora voids their warranty for bracelets that have other brands of charms on them.  Really?! Yet, I still think this is the way I will go to get a meaningful trinket to remind me daily of the blessings in my life, to remind me to thank God for them and to continually bring them to Him in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.