2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, April 7, 2013

So Long Spring Break

We concluded a much needed spring break today.

For the first time in more than a decade, we did not even take a day trip this year as a family.  Instead, we rested, painted the trim around our front door and painted our garage door.  Andy took two days off and replaced light fixtures on his break.

Zach and I visited a college for the first time. Zach anxiously awaited this first college visit.  I felt like the school would be a good fit.  The student to teacher ratio is 13:1.  Tutoring is included in tuition.  The school draws many international students which indicates that the education is solid.  Zach would most likely be able to play football and pursue ROTC.  Zach was not as excited about the school.  He liked it but prefers to be near a big city.  High school has been less than enjoyable because of cliques, so he is concerned that a small school for college will be more of the same.  We will visit another school later this month, and I believe it will meet Zach's expectations and desires.

While on the break Zach picked up an extra shift at work and turned in his restricted driver's license for an unrestricted one.  He was eligible for the unrestricted license in February but never had an opportunity to go and make the switch.  He also registered to vote.  That boy is growing up.

We enjoyed nice weather this week, and we have waited quite a while for it.  Even with the extra rest, the last two days have been a marathon, so I will try to get to bed early tonight.  This week will reveal how challenging it is to run a library with no physical library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.