I decided that I should try and find some. In my search I found this site:
http://divascancook.com/2012/04/how-to-make-cake-pops-easy-best.html
After watching the tutorial, I decided that I could make these. Julia and I watched a few more Youtube videos, and the girls were very excited. We decided to make them as a back up to the cake for Zach's birthday. I bought a smaller cake this year because we celebrated Logan's birthday at the same time, and Tiffany got him an ice cream cake.
So after the soccer win yesterday, we got busy cleaning for a Halloween/birthday party and making cake pops. Good times!
Savannah and Julia helped. We did both chocolate and yellow cake. We only varied from the video in that Savannah made the chocolate icing herself for the chocolate ones because she really likes her homemade icing.
These were a huge hit, and I followed the advice of the video linked above. The only suggestion I offer is to make sure that your candy melts or chocolate is really runny....shortening really works to help with this. They are easy but time consuming. I already have requests to make them for the next gathering, and if time allows, I may make Mario mushrooms for Wyatt's birthday.
Bear with me. The post prior to this one was written days ago, and I pondered whether to go forward with making it public or not. I am putting up three posts today because yesterday was a busy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.