2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thanks

One thing that I love about my children is that they generally say "thank you" without any prompting.  What I love even more is that they do not neglect to say this to their parents.


I took Zach to order his class ring yesterday.  He thanked the clerk who helped us several times and thanked me on the way out of the store.  This translates to me as, "I know you sacrifice for these things, Mom.  Thank you."


Later, Zach injured his hand, and we ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a bandage that would stay in place.  There was only one open line, and the two people ahead of us had full carts.  Both let us jump the line with our one item.  Zach thanked them and then marveled over the kindness of strangers when we headed to the car.


He thanked me again today when Andy dropped him off at work, and he was sent home because they weren't able to train him today.  I got a thanks for picking him up.


It feels really good to this mom to get a simple "thank you" from the kids, and Zach is not the only one who does this. They all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.