Our Sunday capped off a three day weekend. Around here we celebrate a local holiday on the Friday that precedes the first Saturday in May. Friday and Saturday were spent sleeping late, working on the house (shampooing carpets and replacing filters specifically) and shopping.
Today, however, we had a blast and good news.
 |
| Zach landed his first job. Whoot! Whoot! I hope he loves it because we totally missed a call to interview for his dream job. He took this job on a tip from a friend who was recently hired there, and he is very excited, and we are as well. This week we will order his class ring. Time flies. |
 |
| After weeks of empty promises that the little people could have a play date, we made good today. Wyatt wanted just one friend, and they were happy to enjoy video games all day long. Boys are so easy. |
 |
| We had junk food snacks including pizza rolls and ice cream, but my favorite treat was Savannah's homemade cupcakes....love them. Susie, we have figured out how to keep them from sticking to the paper, so maybe we have a vacation treat :) |
 |
Julia wanted several girls to join her, and she ended up with all five of her female classmates. They played on the Slip 'N' Slide (thanks Andy for saving me on that one) and filled water balloons and threw them at each other and the house after playing on the Wii a bit. There was girl drama and tears, and they kept me so busy that I did not even see Sean's mom slip in and pick him up. I think they walked away having had a great time. Did I mention that boys are easy?
Good times. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.