Our April looked like this:
 |
| I went on a field trip with Julia. |
 |
| On the same day as the field trip, I visited her science fair. This happened to be the anniversary of our first glimpse of Julia via a picture e-mailed from our agency. The science project was in the works for weeks, and it was fun to see all the second graders show off their work. |
 |
| We prepared for the baby boy, who still remains nameless, with a shower. |
 |
sisters! Tessa, Tara. Danielle, Tiffany and me
Savannah's class took their 8th grade trip to the capitol. Neither Andy nor I could attend with Zach, and we could not make this one either. |
 |
| After watching a video about the National Cathedral, Savannah couldn't wait to see it. However, her favorite parts of the trip were the beautiful Library of Congress and the view from the back porch of Mt. Vernon. This picture is of the capital rotunda. |


 |
Savannah has known both of these girls since elementary school. I love watching kids grow up together. Savannah was so blessed to have a great chaperone in the art teacher who also happens to be a friend of mine.
Other April news included a very good prospect for a job for Zach. He has a second interview on Sunday. He returned from his band trip sick, so I never really heard much about the trip.
Wyatt kept us on our toes with the "I love you more" game and a very funny English situation. He cannot say "deck." He loves the cards he collects and his version of deck has more of a short "i" sound than a short "e" sound. We have been working very hard on this, but when he said his deck was complete, I admit that I hit the floor laughing.
Of course Savannah turned fourteen. We had two nephews with birthdays too. Happy 17th to Mitchell, and happy 15th to Austin! |
We again saw hard loss when a family friend who grew up with us lost his wife on her 33rd birthday. He has two young children, and our hearts are heavy for him and this entire family. This young mom and my mom had our church elders pray for them a couple of years ago. Cancer sucks.
and the Joy Dare continued
100. very special National Champions - fun times
3 Gifts from His Word
105. Psalm 4:8 - I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
106. Psalm 34:19 A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all.
107. The passover - a remembrance celebrated with our C-Group.
108. I witnessed the baptism of a very special little girl who I prayed for before she was born.
125. a special reunion
139. dinner on the deck
154. that little box on the calendar for June 7, 2012 where Julia has written her ("hoping") - hope for a pool party with friends on that day. She has also noted that June 7th is her adoption day - made me smile the whole day
155. Savannah's newly framed art in my hallway
178. prayer is meant to be fun -Simon Mbevi - an amazing man with a stunning testimony
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.