2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Being a mom is my favorite job.  I had a great teacher and miss her all the time.  
Mom and me


My Mother's Day weekend:

I got up much earlier than I wanted to on Saturday because Zach had detention.  Surprisingly enough, he made it this far in the school year before facing the penalty of not wearing his chapel uniform on chapel day.  This is a regular habit of his.  He came out of detention and informed me that the assignment was to write about a highlight of your life.  Zach wrote about having a baby.  When pressed about how exactly this was written, my concerns grew as it was apparent that if these assignments are read, I would be having a face to face conversation with the principal.  Lovely.  He kept us going almost all day on this before revealing that he actually wrote about wrestling.  Did I say boys are easier in a previous post?  I officially take that back and honestly would argue that in this household the boys are typically much harder to raise than the girls.  

We ended our day at a rainy cookout to celebrate the close of the track season.  Zach's coaches noted his dance moves, not sure how they saw those, and we had a great time with the track family.

Savannah was returning from an overnight field trip where she rode one of those towers where you drop randomly...and liked it.  Hmm, we now have proof that she is as crazy as her relatives, myself not included in this particular pool.  After picking her up and a long discussion with Andy about our cell phone plan which we will be changing this week, we went to bed late.

Getting up this morning was brutal, but I got breakfast in bed and a gift card to Bath and Body Works.  After that, the only thing I wanted was a nap. All the kids except for Julia went to a movie while Andy visited a Starbucks to write.  I napped for a long time with continuous interruptions by a ringing phone that never seemed to stop.  Then Julia and I went shopping because she needed shoes.  We had a blast.  She tried on clothes and hats. She is definitely a fashionista, and I have some great birthday ideas.  What fun!  

Of course I am gushing over the handmade gifts I received today.

definitely framing this one...kudos to an outstanding art teacher who draws the best out of the kids

Julia's chalk drawing


Wyatt's picture frame


I must end this post with this funny story about Julia.  We did not visit Andy's mom today, so our gift will be late.  Andy and Julia went out to get a card in hopes that we could send it on time.  We were out of stamps, so that didn't happen.  Julia came home with the card and signed her name and Andy's to it then sealed it.  When asked why she didn't wait for the rest of us to sign it, she said she was the one who picked it out.  This is typical of Julia, so the next story will make sense.

When I opened my gift card this morning, the only signature on it was Julia's.  It turns out that she came up with the idea and asked everyone to participate.  The funding came from Andy, Zach, and Savannah as Wyatt did not want to participate, and Julia chose to take the credit.  That girl is a mess!

My favorite quotes this weekend came from Wyatt:
"New China  never gets old." (Wyatt's favorite restaurant)
"I am having a spicy broccoli party." (This was stated when he was preparing to eat leftover Thai food and was putting the sauce on his broccoli).

Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.