2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, December 24, 2011

We are ready

We sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus with the traditional cake to celebrate.

The white frosting represents cleansing our sins.
The chocolate cake represents our dark sin.
The red candles represent Christ's birth to shed His blood shed for our sins.
The evergreen represents eternal life.
The angel represents angels proclaiming the birth of Christ.
The star represents the 3 wise men following the star to worship baby Jesus.

Julia and Wyatt read the story of Jesus' birth, Luke 2:1-20

A few gifts have been opened.





family celebrating together
We even had a doggy gift exchange.  Tiffany, who swore off pets for many years, got a dog this year and decided the dogs should draw names and exchange names.  Between my siblings and myself, we own eight dogs, so we all obliged. 

Reindeer food adorns the lawn.

Cookies and milk await Santa's visit. (homemade gingerbread cookies, yum)

Mary and Joseph have arrived at the manger.

Julia has said to Savannah, "I have been good at believing this year, so I trust Santa to be extra good to me."

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.