We opened one gift each. The kids also dug into their stockings, and then we had breakfast and went to church.
Upon our return from church, we finished opening gifts. Andy worked on a feast, and I napped for an embarrassingly long time.
I enjoyed playing with a new camera lens and learning to work it. I'm sure there will be more pictures to come on that as I drive my kids crazy to get those pictures.
![]() |
| Even Shiloh can't escape the mamarrazi. |
Savannah received a digital picture frame from her aunts, uncles, and Grandpa. She played with my memory cards selecting pictures and editing them on Picnik. I like the result so much that I am sharing some of her work here.
We had an interesting conversation with Wyatt.
Wyatt: I know why they made Santa. It's so parents can get the kids to bed and sneak candy into their stockings. Very sneaky. I know because I saw candy wrappers in the trash, and we have candy.
Andy: So they made Santa so that parents can sneak candy to their kids?
Wyatt: No, it's because of the spirit of Christmas.
Wyatt: I know you all are Santa, so BRING IT ON!
Wyatt is so stinking cute that these types of conversations are always fun, fun, fun. He just grins, and I wish I had the way he said, "very sneaky" and "bring it on" on video. Super cuteness.
Julia logged some new Amazing hamsters and a new webkin this Christmas season and was thrilled to find that longed for Fijit Friend under the tree.
Zach worked out with his new NFL fitness training for the Wii.
Some of us took a walk while I slept. Julia took her skateboard along and enjoyed it in her fashion boots.
We enjoyed a great meal.
Shiloh enjoyed the day with a walk, some table scraps and her new Everlast ball which happens to be the best. dog toy. ever. It holds up under a strong chewer. Fill it with treats, and challenge your dog to get them out. Again, I think it is the best. dog toy. ever.
Then I took Zach out for a drive and allowed him to actually practice on the main roads to get home. The main road leading to our neighborhood is full of hills and curves, so I insisted that he drive well below the speed limit. Unfortunately, a car behind us could not take that and passed us on a hill narrowly avoiding a head on collision with another car. I estimate that passing us saved this person a mere 30 seconds and almost caused a major and painful delay. Is it worth that? So when you are on the road, and the car in front of you is much too slow, just remember that an inexperienced driver may be manning that vehicle, and they do have to learn sometime, and at some time, they have to try the real roads.
And Mom was never far from my mind. I missed the call I would have made to her or that she would have made to me so that we could share this day. Even so, I did enjoy this day with my family.
We didn't get to the gingerbread house because we have had too much fun challenging each other on the Wii. We've had a great family day, and we plan to tackle that gingerbread house tomorrow.
Good night!







loved mamarazzi and the embarassingly long nap! :) glad you enjoyed your christmas my travelmate! :)
ReplyDelete