2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Celebrating Wyatt all weekend

As noted in my previous post, we survived (barely) a party with 12 8 and 9 year-old-boys.  Yesterday, Wyatt celebrated a friend's birthday, and I ran all day long.  I was very grateful for a quiet, family night at home.  We enjoyed some Chinese food per Wyatt's request and then watched Kung Fu Panda 2. The movie was fantastic!  I loved the message especially for adopted kids.  

The extended family visited today to celebrate, and this mom was exhausted at church this morning.  A little caffeine, and I was fine to enjoy time with the family.
For the last two years Wyatt has admired the sliced agate ornaments that Andy and I brought home for his siblings a few years ago.  I reached the store where we bought them and ordered one for Wyatt, and he loves it.

A dream come true for a gamer, Nintendo 3DS.  Wyatt understands that this is a combined birthday and Christmas gift.

Wyatt does not care for cake, so I baked a cookie cake and decorated it with his favorite characters from the Mario games.


He loves books about crystals, gems and rocks.

Nine candles...we're here already?!

Regan walks full time now. She is a good girl, and I wish you could see her beautiful curls in this picture.




Wyatt gave us two classic quotes yesterday.  
1.  He told me that he was born to be my son.
2. While watching the movie, Wyatt stated: "That dragon just farted a monkey."  We don't like potty humor in this house but have to admit that this one cracked us up.  We were still laughing at it today.

With this birthday behind us, we are now going to concentrate on Christmas but not before Wyatt sees the doctor tomorrow afternoon, and Savannah faces oral surgery in the morning.  I am tired just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.