2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Most Improved

We attended Savannah's field hockey banquet last night.  I had my doubts about attending when I saw the price. We spent more time than I anticipated on this event with pouring rain and two trips across town for childcare, but the cheesecake alone may have made it all worth it if not for the damage done to my stomach and hips.  
The senior parents did an outstanding job and while I thought the 8th graders might be overlooked, I was wrong.  Savannah left with her hands full of goodies including a championship t-shirt for a tournament she played with the JV team and a plaque for most improved player.  I noticed it too...her drive for success in this sport greatly increased this year.

Her coach clued us in when she said that the player receiving the most improved award for the freshman team was quiet and shy.  At first Coach Sarah expected that to translate to a player who would not be aggressive.  She said that, instead, she learned that Savannah's quiet nature was a way for her to absorb the training and pursue success.  Way to go Savannah!

Now she wants to stay put for high school. Who knows what next week will bring on our decision roller coaster? (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.