2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Endings

Zach's team wrapped up the football season on Friday night. We had such fun watching these boys play and break new ground this year.  They beat two teams that they have never beaten before.  They were district champs in both season and tournament play.  That last district game for the tournament was a nail biter with a win for us in overtime.  I told Zach to get ahead early and stay ahead because these parents are too old for such craziness like evening a score in the last 28 seconds.  They became regional runners-up on Friday when they were beaten and thus removed from the playoffs.  The boys left in silence and disappointment, but we are so proud of this team and their accomplishments.  


Zach immediately went out for a job application after the season ended.  We will see how that plays out, but I am so grateful that he is seeking employment.  He needs a job because he wants to participate in a mission trip, and he may want to attend Bible and Beach, and these things are not cheap.  Zach also manages his time better and gets better grades when he is involved with something demanding outside of school, so I think a job is very appropriate for him.


Savannah also wants to attend Bible and Beach, and both Zach and Savannah want to bring their cousins along.  Therefore, Savannah has started fundraising.  She sold her artwork at a Christmas bazaar a few weeks ago.  Our biggest challenge in preparing for that bazaar was pricing her work.  She spends hours on each piece.  In fact, in order to participate, she started producing more work in July so that she would have enough.  Savannah worked every spare minute and managed 20 pieces.  We were very pleased with the result.  She chose to sell originals rather than to make copies and sell those, and we have prayed for blessings on those who helped her out.  


My big kids are really growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.