2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, August 1, 2011

It's her passion!


Since our return from vacation, Savannah had some of my pictures printed, and she has been using them to draw her own versions.  I'm lovin' it!
Savannah also has worked on her geometric art prints.  She decided earlier this year to try and produce as many as she could to sell at our school's Christmas bazaar.  To have enough to justify renting a booth is a daunting task as these take a long time to produce.  We then have the task of pricing her work.  We are leaning toward $10-$15 as she plans to sell original work rather than copies. The tools she uses are pricey, and I have to admit that these prints make for a striking look when matted and framed and hung on the wall.  We have one in our living room.  Savannah is not planning to just line her pockets with the money.  We want to send Zach, Savannah, and Austin on our church's annual high school trip next summer.  The price tag is $400 per person, and we really have no way of raising that money unless we get creative.  Savannah and Zach both have pricey school trips that we have to cover this year, so I am hopeful that Savannah's talent will bring in some money for this trip that I think would be especially great for my grieving nephew.
Savannah has 23 pictures so far and just keeps going and going.

This is a sample of the type of work, she will be selling at the bazaar.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.