2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, August 15, 2011

back to school, field hockey, football, and the zoo...oh my!


School started last Wednesday for four out of five of us, and the sports already kicked into high gear with a field hockey scrimmage on Thursday and a football scrimmage on Friday.  I did not attend the field hockey scrimmage because I opted for some much needed girl time with my friend Phyllis. We went out to dinner and had a splendid time chatting.  I hear that Savannah looked remarkable, so my hopes are rising for this season.  I did attend Friday's football scrimmage, but I know nothing about football (actually I don't know much more than nothing about field hockey).  The boys did a great job, and I again enjoyed some great girl time chatting with my friend Mary Jo.
While Zach played football, the rest of the kids were at the pool with my dad.  He dropped them off at the game, and Julia got goofy with my camera.  She loves to take pictures.



The weather was cool on Sunday, so we enjoyed an afternoon at the zoo with my Dad, Tiffany and her boys. 

I just had to share this picture so that you can see the kind of attire Julia comes up with for the zoo...sequined hat and purse.






We love our new bear exhibit and are always excited about zoo babies.  We are looking forward to the cutest new polar bear baby who is gradually making his debut.  We missed him yesterday.
Today was to be our first day of school for Wyatt, and I was to start meeting my new students, but alas we have our first weather day of the year.  A freak, fierce, and fast storm blew through our area on Saturday evening leaving too much damage to our county in its wake.  We could not start school because of closed roads and schools without power.  Even Julia is home today because her campus has not had power restored yet.  Now that is unprecedented in our area!

My second job is going away this week. After some wrestling with God on what to do about it, I felt that it was time to leave.  I submitted my notice almost three weeks ago, and I work tonight.  I may work on Friday as well for another girl who needs that night off, but Andy really doesn't want me to as it will be Zach's first official varsity football game of the season. I really want to attend but want to help others out as well, so I will learn tonight which I will be doing.  I just can't say no, so I am guessing that Friday will be my last night instead of tonight.

We are starting this school year with hopes of recovery.  Last year was brutal on many fronts, and we are calling this our "clean up" year.  Andy has split the major cleaning areas of the house into four categories, and the kids will rotate through them every four weeks.  Everyday, they have a job in their own rooms and in the area of the house for which they are responsible.  Andy and I will cover the rest and help Wyatt and Julia as some of the chores are above their ability (and heads, such as unloading the dishwasher).  Hopefully, our year will be much improved on every level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.