After two weather days delayed the start of school, Wyatt finally started third grade today. He is not very excited about third grade as he is very worried about homework. I truly can't say that today was the best start. Wyatt appeared ready for school with a hole in his uniform pants, and we could not locate another pair. I thought I had all the uniforms under control, but clearly I will return to shopping for school...GRR! I really can't complain as Wyatt's uniforms cost me less than the other kids. He just doesn't grow as fast. It is not unusual to have a knee worn out before the pants are too small.
 |
| Can you even get over this cuteness? |
 |
and there he goes!
When I picked Wyatt up I got a taste of the third grade humor that just kind of annoys me. His first comment was that he did not like school because he kept getting in trouble today. I asked why he was in trouble. His response was that he was singing in class. I told him that singing in class is not appropriate and asked why he did that. Wyatt said he was bored. He then announced that he was just fooling and that he only got in trouble once. He had me going. This happens daily.
Wyatt arrived at home hungry which is quite normal for him. I told him to eat an apple, and he was more than halfway through it when he complained that he couldn't eat an apple because it bothered his loose tooth. Wyatt then promptly went to the bathroom and pulled that tooth, and so that is how the year began for him.
The kids at my school returned as well today. The library was closed, so I did not get a full orientation to how busy we will be, but I am guessing that not much will be different from my old school. I raced out the door and still did not get there as early as hoped, so maybe tomorrow will be better. It usually takes a couple of days for me to adjust to that 5:15a.m. wake up call...there is just something so wrong with being up that early.
the funny story of the day... |
I've seen interesting things on the first day of school in my years in high school education. The one to beat was the kid who crossed my path several years ago and did not know his address or phone number and could not register. Today, however, I actually had a student looking for his schedule in what he believed was his middle school, but alas it was the high school.
He rode a bus, so I am not sure if he rode the wrong bus or if the bus actually stops at both schools. Hopefully, he'll be able to laugh over this someday...like tomorrow.
wow!! simply LOVE wyatt's new haircut. he grew up in just a few short pics for me!!! :) school supply shopping is never really done i think. :) seriously LOVE those pics of him. :) hole in the knee or not. :)
ReplyDelete