Summer break officially ended for Zach, Savannah, Julia and me yesterday. We had great plans, but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. They do often go awry. The plan was to spend the morning at the pool before taking off to football, tumbling, field hockey and Bible study. Unfortunately, I was wiped out by a cold and only accomplished a trip to the credit union to settle some financial stuff for the school year. Julia and I did actually sneak in 1 and half hour at the pool where I sat poolside and finished my last summer novel while Julia played in the water. We left too late for the others to join us.
School came much too early this summer, and this has actually been the longest summer I have had in a while. I needed it.
Savannah was very concerned about whether she would have any of her good friends in her classes because she did not have any last year. Fortunately, she has a good friend in every class and likes her teachers so far.
I had a very good day at my new school and am excited but still nervous about the coming year.
Andy and Wyatt spent the day at home trying to get the house in spic n' span order for the new year. Andy did snap a picture of Wyatt this morning. Wyatt was barely awake, and it is one of those pictures for which I will be in BIG trouble some day if I post it. Sorry folks, that one goes in the top secret, family only picture vault.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.