2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Comic and lovable relief

While I was away overnight, Wyatt and Julia decided to make cards for me.  Wyatt's card simply states "I love you."  He gave me a hug when he handed it to me and stated "this card comes with a hug."  He's just so stinkin' cute!


Julia's card was a bit more busy than Wyatt's and came with the interesting text transcribed below:

Clearly someone is singing "Baby, baby, baby...be mine mine" according to the drawing labeled Justin Bieber.  Out to the side, it says: "look it's you with Justin Bieber"

Underneath this drawing is another drawing labeled "Love Story."  Two characters are drawn with the statement:  "Oh it's a love story baby just say yes"

On the right side inside of the card is the following note:
Dear Mom,
I missed you so much.  are you good?  you are so spical to me.  I love you so much your as cute as Justin Bieber.  Thank you so much for the things like toys, a room, sports, clothes, and other things to.
Love, Julia
P.S. You are so like singers, like taylor swift, Justin Bieber

It is good to know that I rank up there with Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift in Julia's book.

I finally asked Wyatt today to let me see if he has any end of the year awards, and he pulled this self-portrait out of his backpack.  I love it!  Savannah pointed out that he even drew his dimples.  How cute is that!?  Wyatt put some of his favorite things on the borders of the picture. He included Bakugan, crystals, TV, a yo-yo, candy, a beyblade, Pokemon, and a Christmas tree.  We have some kindergarten art done by Zach and Savannah hanging in the entryway to our home.  I think this piece of Wyatt's will be a worthy addition to that area.
I also learned that he got the Excellence Award for being a Super Scientist.  

Julia got the Fruit of the Spirit Award for Peace.  I am slightly perplexed by that, not that Julia isn't peaceful, but she is rather spunky.  I guess that she does get along very well with everyone.

Savannah got the honor roll award.  Her homeroom award stated that she has a tender heart and is always ready to share a smile. She finished the year with all 'A's.  During the course of the year, she maintained all 'A's except for one B+ in Science.  She received the Principal's Award (given to the student with the highest average in that teacher's classes) for Literature.  This one came as a surprise to us as Savannah's first academic love is math.

As for Zach, high school is quite an adjustment.  He survived the year and finished strong in a few of his classes.  He passed Latin, but it really kicked his butt.   He is hoping to find a job this summer as we really could use the help paying for football.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.