2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Camping


The little people went tent camping for the first time this weekend. Andy and I tagged teamed this event.  Budget constraints and having one of our teenagers out of town kept us from doing this together.  Andy stayed Friday night, and I relieved him Saturday afternoon staying overnight and packing everything home today.  

Wyatt meets no strangers and makes friends wherever he goes.

Frisbee golf was Julia's favorite activity.


I don't think they've ever brushed their teeth outside before.



Bottle rockets are so cool!


Sling shot with dog chow

Wyatt spent his time during the astronomy lesson drawing elaborate pictures.  He still knew his stuff when it came time to fill in the blanks.  After Wyatt's struggles with handwriting and motor skills, the details of these pictures really blew my mind.

We had an afternoon thunderstorm, so we waited it out in the unfinished bath houses.

During a break in the rain, we returned to our tent for sweatshirts.  Julia spent the rest of the wait for the rain to end catching a much needed nap.

Julia's book buddy, Rachel, learned some new hand rhymes from Julia.

Chapel this morning.


Our home away from home.

Things I learned while camping:
  • Always take a thick sleeping bag.  I was freezing last night, and it was damp in the tent from the drizzle...not such a good night of sleep.
  • Wyatt wants to be a Cub Scout.  He got to tag along as Julia's brother, but he loved it all and wants to belong to the pack.
  • Even with rain and cold weather, camping can be fun with the right people around.
Now, I have to get a dry day soon so that I can air out and clean our tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.