We spent our third day of spring break visiting the zoo. We have learned the hard way that the zoo is uber crowded if there is only one pretty day on spring break. This year Wednesday was pretty but not as pretty as Monday and Tuesday, so we thought we were safe. Wrong! The zoo was packed. Fortunately, we went after lunch and were able to find a parking spot easily. I couldn't believe the crowd given the fact that it was windy and isolated thunderstorms were predicted for the day. Zach brought his friend Josiah along, and we really did not see them as we meandered through the zoo. I tried to convince Savannah to bring a friend too, but she is too shy to call her friends. Since she is almost 12, I am trying to work on this with her.
Wednesday probably marks our last fun day for spring break. It is time to jump back into reality and mend uniforms, run errands, switch out winter and summer clothes, and maybe paint some walls. I am also working on planning Savannah's birthday party. If you have any fun suggestions for a luau send them my way...fast. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.