2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday began with the search for Easter baskets.  Zach wasn't as into it, but the kids need his help figuring out  the clues. He remembered from last year.


Because
 Savannah had been sick all day Saturday, we attended church Sunday afternoon.We then headed to my parent's house. I had made an emergency run for eggs to stuff and candy earlier in the day.  I wasn't alone.  Apparently, my sisters had already prepared for this, so the kids ended up hunting for 104 eggs total.  As usual there was the one we simply could not find, but Tessa was determined and eventually it turned up.Of course we had some egg coloring too.  Wyatt is now well-supplied with his beloved hard boiled eggs.  This part of the day was not as popular as usual, so several eggs remained boring white.
We wrapped up the day with a family prayer time.  My brother goes to my parent's house almost every week night and leads prayer for whoever is there. He has done this for several months. When the whole family gathers, we all do this.  We pray in order from youngest to oldest, and I always get grief for being older than Andy.  My brother Jonathan and his wife Danielle are expecting their first child and finding that they don't agree on any names.  I prayed that they would find a name they both love.  My sister thought it was funny that I would pray for this, but names are important.  Of course, we all pray for a miracle for my mom.   

a side note - I am trying the new formatting on Blogger--it is both good and frustrating.  I like being able to move the pictures around but am still figuring out how to get them exactly where I want them, and I am mising spell check and my spelling is less than stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.