We took a day trip to start our spring break week, and as you can see we had lots of fun. This is an annual tradition. However, this year was a little different. My mom often goes with us, but she was not feeling up to it as she had chemo last Thursday and Friday. We also packed lunches instead of eating fast food for lunch. We usually splurge on a nice dinner on the way home but saved money with a meal at Burger King. As you can see, we had lots of fun. We were greeted by dinosaurs.
Wyatt had some issues riding in the car and started the day with discipline and pouting. He never had to ride in a car for a road trip in China, and of our four children, he is the worst at it.
During the car trip Julia made up names for us. I was Moody Mother--nice, huh? Andy was Diddy Daddy Doo - yep, she's still a daddy's girl. Wyatt was Witty Willie Wyatt.
It all started when she decided that she and Savannah were Superstar Sisters.
Savannah brought her friend Whitney along, and she tried rock climbing.
Some of us walked the Barbie catwalk. I don't think the boys were what the designer had in mind.
While I expect that we will return next year, I wonder if Zach will go with us. Our high school youth group spends spring break at the beach and since Zach can't attend camp this summer as it conflicts with football, I suspect he will go with the youth to the beach. This week is nostalgic as I realize just how old he is getting. I miss his little voice and his fascination with cheetahs and reptiles. I miss living with a huge fan of the crocodile hunter. I miss Zach's big eyes and the way I used to know just by looking at him how his day was. Now his conversations revolve around heavy metal music, end times, and gas. Where has my little cheetah boy gone?
fabulous post!!! loved the pics (boys on barbie catwalk - thumbs up!) and empathize w/ your nostalgia. these kids are growing up. ;)
ReplyDelete