Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Report Card Day
One very excited little girl came home from school today announcing, "we got our report cards today!" She further explained that they are big kindergartners now and that she hoped there were "A"s on that report card. On our way to pick up Savannah from school (she normally rides the bus, but Zach has been at home sick all week, so we were also retrieving his make-up work), Julia asked, "can we get an ice cream?" We normally celebrate report card day with ice cream because a local ice cream joints offers a free scoop to students who made "A"s. This is funny because she then announced, "I don't even know what a report card is!" I was instructed not to tell her while she made guesses such as "can you buy food with it? a house? a car?" Finally, I got to explain report cards, and from that point on, they were clearly much less interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cute! ;)
ReplyDelete