2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October update

On October 18th, we were reunited with our old Adult Bible Fellowship class. 18 families were represented, and 76 people attended. Our teacher Danny taught on Family Mission Statements and felt called to lead people to do great things in the name of Christ. Our group includes missionaries, and of those present, we counted approximately 10 adopted children....furthering the kingdom. On Monday, the 19th, we celebrated the end of field hockey season with a Mexican feast. Unfortunately, Zach was sick that day and would end up staying home for 3 days with some mysterious illness. We think he may have had the flu. Pictured here are Savannah, Emmalee, Dana, Leah, and Olivia. Olivia recently recovered from pneumonia.

Savannah and Coach Liz---Savannah was excited to receive a field hockey necklace and some fun field hockey socks.
By Saturday Zach was feeling better and on the 24th, we joined our current Adult Bible Fellowship for some fall fun.
The evening started with a treat walk for the kids. They received treats after being taught a verse from scripture.




couldn't resist this view at the end of the walk


They were starting to cook out when we left...




to join family for our nephew's 11th birthday celebration. I got this cute shot of Logan, Wyatt, and Julia huddled to watch a video Logan shot on his new iPod.




On Monday the 26th, we had two field trips planned. Wyatt and Julia were both visiting pumpkin patches at two different locations. I took off work to join Julia--my first ever field trip with her, and Andy took off work to join Wyatt. Unfortunately, Wyatt landed in the doctor's office instead of the pumpkin patch, and he has a confirmed case of the flu. Now the question is to vaccinate against the H1N1 virus or not. Doctors in our area are not testing for the virus unless the patient or someone living with the patient has a condition that would cause complications. However, friends have told me that their doctors have said that if the diagnosis is a confirmed case of the flu then it is the H1N1 virus as that is the only flu going around.


When I arrived Julia's class was already in the pumpkin patch, and her pumpkin was already selected. This is Julia on the tractor. (This happens to be the same farm where we celebrated the moon festival).















Another local farm has a rule that if the children can't carry the pumpkins, they can't have them...no such rule here...I could barely carry Julia's choice. I do have to say that the pumpkin crops are looking very good this year, nice shape, color, and size.


We enjoyed the corn maze again.




I tried to get a good picture of Julia's class for the yearbook.




The petting zoo was lots of fun. Julia counted the rabbits and remembered not to put her fingers in their cage.



a ladybug enjoyed hanging out on my thumb for a while...ladybugs are important in Chinese culture, so I had to snap a pic










I forgot to bring change, so I had to go to the gift shop for some corn to feed the animals. Julia was careful to treat them all equally.






Lots of climbing, jumping, and sliding took place on the straw bales.


Can you find the girl in the pumpkins?



2 comments:

  1. oh pumpkin patches are THE BEST. great pics; definitive fave was the 4 kids against that yellow forest of trees...AWESOME!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were disappointed to miss the reunion! Our monthly small group family gathering was the same night and we were the hosts (it had been on the calendar since January so we unfortunately couldn't change it!) The next time I see you, you'll have to fill me in on it. Hope Wyatt is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.