Wyatt and Julia both finished the summer term at gymnastics this week. Wyatt finished on Tuesday, and Julia finished today. Unfortunately, Wyatt's teacher did not have the kids stand on the podium to get their ribbons, so I didn't get a picture of him. Wyatt really liked gymnastics but wants to move on to swimming. Julia wants to continue, and her bar work, handstands, and cartwheels are really starting to look good. We, however, have decided to take a break for the next 8-10 weeks. It is simply too expensive and waaaay to hard to manage with the other activities fall brings to this household. Don't feel too sorry for these two as they both start soccer on Saturday. They got their shin guards tonight, and Wyatt has told me those shin guards are special to him, and he does not want to lose them - good plan since you are not allowed to play without them.Today is my birthday, and life is good. The kids tried to do some cleaning while I was at an in-service today learning to teach like a rock star. I came home and raced Savannah to field hockey practice, got in a very short nap then took Julia to gymnastics, made a side trip to the sporting goods store for soccer and field hockey equipment then picked Zach up from football. It is great to have family close by as my mom picked Savannah up from field hockey and dropped Zach off at football. Andy is out of town, and we are all looking forward to his return tomorrow --lots of fun planned for the next few days as we kiss summer goodbye and gear up for the start of school next week.
P.S. -forgot to add this funny story...When we were getting out of the car at gymnastics, I announced, "Let's go kids!" Julia responded with, "I am not a kid. I am your daughter." So, I said, "Let's go children!" Julia followed that up with "I am a WOMAN!" all righty then---it is a laugh a day with her
Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was good.
ReplyDelete