SWEET!!
Wyatt and Julia started soccer today and both were very excited about it. Both of them did a great job, and we were especially impressed with Wyatt because he had some pretty good kicks, waited his turn, and did not put his hands on the other players. On our way home, he asked us why we came to China for him. I responded by saying that we thought you wanted brothers and sisters who do not leave and parents who do not leave, and we thought you would like to know Jesus. "Yeah," he said. Wyatt then said he told his China parents he wanted new parents. He then asked, "do you know what kind of mom and dad I want?" "What?" we asked, and he said, "you guys." I'm not sure we will stop smiling today.
SASSY!!
Andy has been out of town all week, and I needed to be in a few places at once last night, so I left Wyatt and Julia with my parents. Upon my return, my mom asked what Julia has been watching on TV. Apparently, Julia was making a birthday list and stated she wanted a couch and chair and trash can for her room. Mom told her she doesn't have room for that stuff. Somehow it was decided that she actually wanted a house with a fountain out front and a pool out back. Mom told Julia that she is too young for a house, so she declared to my mom, "don't you temp me to SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!" which she declared while snapping her fingers back and forth in front of her face and chest. She then told her to "give it up, give it up Girrrlllll!"... stated while making a hand gesture I don't even know how to describe... sort of cupped and moving toward the other person. Savannah revealed that some of this comes from "Scooby Doo" as for the rest, we have no idea.
Oh, wow! Doug and I had the greatest laugh over Julia and the "SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!". That is just TOO funny! What spunky attitude!
ReplyDelete