Obviously, it is not Christmas break yet, but I am blogging about some interesting conversations that occurred here today.
On the way to church;
Julia: I want to know where I go when I die.
Me: Well, if you have asked Jesus into your heart, you go to Heaven.
Julia: Well, what about after that?
Me: If you die right now, you go to Heaven, but one day God will make a new earth and a new Heaven, and you will live there.
Julia: What about after that?
Me: Well, there is no after that. You only die one time. Once the new Heaven and earth are made, you live there forever.
Wyatt: WOOHOO! I want to go there. (he is really concerned about dying)
Julia: Where will our church be in Heaven?
Me: hmm, not sure exactly how that works, but we are the church and will always be in God's presence, so I think the church will be wherever we are
Julia: Where is the church in Heaven now?
Me: I believe it would be at the foot of God's throne.
a young boy's dream
Wyatt really wants a tree house. What kid doesn't? We were in the van this afternoon traveling home from my parents' house when Wyatt stated that he really wants a tree house and that he is going to pray to God for one. He wants God to build the tree house for him. A minute later he says, "I hear God." My response, "what is he saying?" Wyatt says, "He says "yes" . As in , yes, you can have a tree house. Wyatt then goes on to state that he wants God to build it tonight, but maybe he will get to it tomorrow. God can build a tree house, right? At this point I started praying about how to respond to this. So, I explained that God sometimes says "no." Lots of people want something really bad, even for their whole lives, but God says, "no." He gives things that will make us better people, and while He sometimes gives us things just for fun, we have to pray within His will. A tree house may not be His will. Wyatt went on to talk about good manners and saying "please" to God, and then He will say "yes." I explained that God does like good manners, but using them does not guarentee the answer we want. Wyatt still has his heart set on a tree house, but the reality is that I am not sure we have a tree suitable for a tree house, and nobody in this house is handy. Building a safe tree house would certainly require outside help. Then there are the needs. Wyatt and Zachary both need new beds. Shelves for all the kids bedrooms would greatly reduce the ongoing clutter battle, and our dining room furniture really needs to be replaced. A tree house isn't so high on the list here, but as I told Wyatt, nothing is impossible with God.
i always love how in talking w/ our kids we sometimes say things we need to hear ourselves. this conversation just made me think of us wanting ci's for quincie, praying and even saying please ;) but it just didn't happen. but its true, he gives us things that ultimately make our lives better. i believe that. ;) don't stop blogging when school is in session! ;)
ReplyDelete