I suspected that Zachary had something to do with this because of a conversation he overheard last night. Savannah and Wyatt have not exactly been the best of friends since his arrival. While she really anticipated his arrival with excitement and used her own allowance to fill a box of treasures for him, he saw her as a threat to his new found friendship with Julia. Gradually they have come to terms with their relationship, but they are not crazy about each other. I was sharing this with my brother on the phone last night, and Zachary heard my conversation. It really bothered him, and he admitted when asked, that he told Wyatt to draw the picture. Wyatt spelled the words all by himself and put great effort into it, and he and Savannah both seem pleased with it. (Savannah thinks I write too much on the blog, so she doesn't usually read it. It is fairly safe to share this secret here.) Maybe we have reached a turning point. Regardless, both my boys have exhibited their hearts today, and that makes the heart of this mom very happy. (I'll try and remember this when they are doing their best to drive me crazy! -happens almost daily)Friday, August 28, 2009
the heart of my boys
Savannah came home from field hockey this evening to a surprise from Wyatt. He drew this picture for her. She was happy to get it, and I was impressed with his clear handwriting as it is normally pretty much illegible. I let Wyatt know how proud of him I am, and he was thrilled to get the praise.
I suspected that Zachary had something to do with this because of a conversation he overheard last night. Savannah and Wyatt have not exactly been the best of friends since his arrival. While she really anticipated his arrival with excitement and used her own allowance to fill a box of treasures for him, he saw her as a threat to his new found friendship with Julia. Gradually they have come to terms with their relationship, but they are not crazy about each other. I was sharing this with my brother on the phone last night, and Zachary heard my conversation. It really bothered him, and he admitted when asked, that he told Wyatt to draw the picture. Wyatt spelled the words all by himself and put great effort into it, and he and Savannah both seem pleased with it. (Savannah thinks I write too much on the blog, so she doesn't usually read it. It is fairly safe to share this secret here.) Maybe we have reached a turning point. Regardless, both my boys have exhibited their hearts today, and that makes the heart of this mom very happy. (I'll try and remember this when they are doing their best to drive me crazy! -happens almost daily)
I suspected that Zachary had something to do with this because of a conversation he overheard last night. Savannah and Wyatt have not exactly been the best of friends since his arrival. While she really anticipated his arrival with excitement and used her own allowance to fill a box of treasures for him, he saw her as a threat to his new found friendship with Julia. Gradually they have come to terms with their relationship, but they are not crazy about each other. I was sharing this with my brother on the phone last night, and Zachary heard my conversation. It really bothered him, and he admitted when asked, that he told Wyatt to draw the picture. Wyatt spelled the words all by himself and put great effort into it, and he and Savannah both seem pleased with it. (Savannah thinks I write too much on the blog, so she doesn't usually read it. It is fairly safe to share this secret here.) Maybe we have reached a turning point. Regardless, both my boys have exhibited their hearts today, and that makes the heart of this mom very happy. (I'll try and remember this when they are doing their best to drive me crazy! -happens almost daily)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
those moments are heartwarming :) and priceless! ;)
ReplyDelete