2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, September 18, 2009

Miracles

This is a very cool story about the Great Physician, and it is so amazing that I don't think I will ever forget it. However, I must make a disclaimer statement before I begin. To protect the innocent and privacy, names have been changed. This is not my story...just the story of God and and an amazing boy.

We know of a family who faced devastating circumstances less than one month ago. They found themselves in the hospital with their 13 year old son who was very ill. He flatlined for 20 minutes, and for a few days his prognosis was quite grim. Peter was fighting a life threatening bacterial infection. When we thought the news could not get worse, we learned that he had Leukemia...and we all waited and prayed. Oh, did we ever pray!-night and day-...you see Peter is a classmate of Zachary's, and you might recall that this class lost a classmate this summer. It was unimaginable to think that under these strange circumstances, they might face that type of loss again. All accounts point to one great kid in this Peter, and we would soon learn that God has quite a plan unfolding in his life. Peter was fighting for his life, and his team of prayer warriors was growing and growing. After 9 days of prayer, we learned that a CT scan done of his brain came back completely clean. As I read the e-mail that brought that amazing news, I sobbed. My oh so sensitive son said, "Mom, are you crying!?" My response..."you have no idea how big this miracle is." The very next day I didn't really even know how to pray. Sure there was the prayer request list laid out before me in an e-mail along with the praise report from the scan, but I simply prayed for a miracle, and that was the day Peter awoke. For 10 days he had not spoken to his family, for 10 days they kept a constant vigil at his bedside as grim faced doctors came and went...doctors who were amazed by the CT scan, and then he awoke. One week later after a steroid treatment, Peter's cancer was in remission.

I have heard of miracles. I have read the stories. I have been amazed, but I honestly can't remember miracles this amazing hitting so close to home. I am convinced that if you ever meet this amazing boy, you will know this full story whether you meet him next week or in 20 years. Amazingly enough, the word on the street is that this little bit of information I am sharing here is only a part of a story full of miracles and God's fingerprints all over the place.

Peter still needs prayer as he continues to heal, but isn't God just cool??!!

1 comment:

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.