On Sunday I did make it to the zoo to meet the baby elephant. Because it was a beautiful day the zoo was packed. Andy dropped me off at the entrance. I walked all the way to the elephants with no problems. After watching him play for a bit, we decided that it was hardly worth the fight through traffic to return home after 15 minutes at the zoo, so we walked the main path around the zoo. It was challenging. I took many recovery breaks and noted that the zoo is equipped with plenty of benches, so I should be able to handle the light festival just fine. On Monday, I felt as close to normal as I have since this started and was really pleased that I had pushed through the zoo. However, by Monday night a short trip to pick up a couple of items at Walmart after Wyatt's band concert had me anxious to return to the car. Today I am struggling again. Unfortunately, recovery is not linear. It seems to move forwards and backwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.