2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A Tool








Back in January while looking for something else, I came upon this prayer journal on Amazon.  My prayers tend to be all over the place and popping up like popcorn throughout the day.  Intentional, focused prayer for me generally happens best when I am journaling as I tend to lose focus otherwise.  Even journaling does not always hold my focus, so I was intrigued by this journal that maps out daily prayer. It is small, inexpensive and holds 86 days (if I counted right) of prayer maps. To give it a little more fun, I pair it with Micron pens using different colors for each section. The pages are identical except for the scripture at the bottom of the two page spread.


What I love - very concise and focused.  It does not leave out thanksgiving.  I bullet that section and strive to have three things listed daily.  Even though it is concise, there is plenty of room to fit lots on the daily pages. During this anxious time, it helps that there are sections for my worries and needs.

When Savannah was last home, I shared this with her, and she loves it and wants one.  Since Amazon is rightfully prioritizing essential shipping, it will be weeks before she can get one.  I'm sorry if you love this and now feel teased by it.  Maybe go ahead and get in line for a copy?

As we all seek to encourage each other, I want to encourage you to lean on the One who brings our help, the only One who can stop this pandemic with a simple glance.  Our church is encouraging us to read Psalm 121 daily this week.  I encourage you to do the same.  Our minister is doing devotionals on Instagram using Psalm 55 this week - also a good place for encouragement.  While I was there this morning, I also jumped into Psalm 56 - also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.