2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Would you?

Would you leave the comforts of an American life to live in a third world country?  What if your American life afforded you anything you want - a house exactly to your liking? choice foods? financial security? comfortable travel?  Would you leave it all behind to live in a place where you would have to carry your own water daily? a place where you would enter at your most vulnerable and have to depend on caregivers? a place where you would be loved and hated? a place where you would be mocked? spit upon? betrayed? A place that would leave you stressed enough to sweat blood, and in the end would cause you excruciating physical and emotional pain?

While listening to Brant Henson on the radio, he talked about how we can't afford to lose our sense of astonishment over what Christ did for us.  So I started asking myself these questions, and the resounding answer is no.  No, I wouldn't do that.  Which then begs the question, "what would I do to honor someone who would do that for me?"

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.