"So, I have this invitation thing to the Beta Club," he said.
Let's take a look. You should do this. Do you want to do this? Affirmative. I played it cool and then in private, I almost cried. I am not a crier. This is not a Wyatt story or a Tamara story or a Page family story. This is the story of a faithful God. For more than eight years we fought through a faulty foundation. Sometimes we pushed ourselves to exhaustion, frustration, and arguments. Sometimes we threw in the towel. We enlisted outside help, and I clung to the thought that God was writing this story. Now I am proud of my hard-working boy. Don't get me wrong. However, the glory here is neither Wyatt's nor mine. Even more exciting is Wyatt's hunger for God's word. It's insatiable!
For the past several days we have been without power. We spent two nights with my brother and his family as the temperature dipped too low for comfort in our home. As my brother and I chatted long past my bedtime last night. His kids and Wyatt were all hanging out - long past their bedtimes. When we finally checked on them, Wyatt had just finished reading the Bible to his little cousins and teaching them about the trinity.
Just a couple of weeks ago, Savannah sent me a screenshot from some article or site she was reading that listed the top ten hardest majors. Architecture is #1 on that list. Now I don't know how that is determined or if that is even true or what that source even was. I just sent her a text back with two words -"but God." Savannah's response was immediate. She said, "Exactly! There is no other way to explain how I am doing what I am doing."
So even if we aren't talking about the kid who fought to a place where he gets a spot in the Beta Club and takes some upper level classes, God gets the glory...even for the kid whose hard fought "C" is a source of pride, and even for the kid for whom the "A"s come easy. It's all God.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.