Wyatt, Andy and I are home today as Wyatt recovers from a minor surgery.
I was cleaning up a spot near the chair where Wyatt is camped to rest, and Wyatt said to me,
"Thanks, Mom, for taking care of me."
My heart swelled. Those are not typical words from a 15 year old boy.
While waiting this morning during Wyatt's surgery, I had the opportunity to chat with a former student. Breanna was always a breath of fresh air wherever she went, and that has not changed. Prior to our arrival in the waiting room, she had struck up a conversation with a man awaiting a procedure. After she left, we learned this man lost his wife suddenly three weeks ago. We enjoyed a nice conversation, but he is hurting. I don't know his name, and I don't get the impression that he has a faith community to lean on. Please join me in praying for him.
Finishing this post with Julia's pics on social media loving on her brother pre-surgery because I thought these were really sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.