2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Back to School

This happened.  Sophomore and freshman year began.  I wanted signs.  Julia did not deliver.  The picture was bad, so I asked for a do-over.  The first day went just fine.


As is always the case, the first week of school-even a partial one- is a bit crazy and a lot tiring.  It also happened to be Savannah's only week home after her summer internship.  We decided to do dessert in a park so the whole family could visit with the girl who has not been around for a family event in months.  We couldn't make it happen on a weekend, so it happened on the. first. day. of. school. Yeah, for reals.  Not everyone made it.  I am not sure where Joshua was.  I wanted to include Andy's family, but a week night with the distance they would need to drive was not doable.




Despite the unusually cold temperature, the kids were okay with getting wet.







Then I got my do-over on the second day of school because block scheduling really means two first days.  You can see the wet road in the background.  That was the rare day where I tuned in to the news before heading to work.  Lots of overnight rain and storms had me questioning whether the schools had power and could be in session that day.  There were problems on. the. second. day. of. school.  In our building there was flooding in the basement and thus our first displaced class of the year visited the library.  So it starts...
It's gonna be great!  Really, it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.