2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Culture Day- Last Summer Hurrahs Part 2


We journeyed down the road to take in an exhibit of the terra-cotta warriors.  While I know this does not even begin to compare to seeing them in China, it was still a cool exhibit, and China is not exactly in the budget right now -hopefully, someday.


of course I loved the jewelry that was part of the exhibit


My brother, Joshua, joined us for this journey.  He loved the museum, not sure how he felt about IKEA.  I think he did enjoy trying Swedish colas in a variety of flavors.





It is not lost on me that these are mere idols for the emperor.  It is also not lost on me that the amount of work and number of artisans involved in the process of creating these had to be amazing.  It made me wonder how many lost arts there are.  I know that visiting China that is one striking thing - the artisans seem to be losing numbers.  The art of China is amazing.  My favorite is the embroidery.  I have yet to see an American museum display the amazing embroidery work in an Asian exhibit.

Someone in this group was grouchy -the.whole.day

Before leaving the museum, I had to take a picture of this Van Gogh piece.  It really popped among the paintings displayed near it.  I really loved many, many of the paintings and pieces on exhibit.  It's a museum worth seeing.


Our view on the long walk back to the vehicle.  Museum parking was the only let down.


After our museum visit, we took in some modern Swedish culture with our first (hopefully, not last) visit to IKEA.

It was a dream come true for Julia.

Yes she did spend some of her babysitting money on some room decor!

It was a fun, fun day.  So glad we did it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.