2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Do you share clothes with your daughter?

If she weren't so funny and charming, the stories I am about to share would be annoying.  Instead they are just funny.

After seeing some of my mom friends wearing the new trend in jackets, I decided I wanted a new jacket.  Initially, this was to be for the DC trip, and I found just the right jacket at Old Navy - an Army green field jacket.  However, the local stores did not show any inventory online, and the price was not right for an online order.  Said jacket did not make it into my wardrobe before the DC trip.  After we arrived at home, I was able to find it locally and for a very good deal.  At that point I had decided to make it a Mother's Day request, but the deal was too irresistible to pass up. I purchased the jacket almost too late since it appears that spring will not be visiting this year, and winter stuck around to greet summer.  I called it my Mother's Day gift to myself.

So last week Julia bounds into my bedroom and asks, "Where's your new jacket?  I think I am going to wear it this weekend."
Um, excuse me?  Did I agree to some kind of joint ownership?  We have had a lot of fun laughing over this one.
She did wear it to church on Sunday.  I meant to snap a picture, but I did not.  If we are doing the "who wore it best" thing, I don't want to compete with Julia.

Then this happened:
In January I used my free shipping to send Savannah an order from Kohl's.  When I ordered Andy's Valentine's gift, and it was delivered to Savannah, I realized that somehow my app had changed my default address to her address.  I made a mental note to fix that with my next order, and I am sure you can guess where this is going.  I have lots of t-shirts and some dressy blouses, and not much in between.  When preparing for the DC trip, I needed some in-between shirts.  I ordered a few to try from Kohl's, and they went to Savannah.  I mean I can't remember what I did this morning (actually this morning was kind of dramatic, so I remember, but in general I can't remember what I did in the morning by the time the afternoon rolls around), so how am I supposed to remember a mental note from two months ago?  Anyway, I did not get my shirts for DC.  I finally got them last week when we picked up Savannah from school.  Julia immediately loved one of them and has informed me that she will be borrowing it.  It would swallow her. It's big on me, and I am not as small as my girls.  She's convinced though that she will be wearing it. Again on that "who wore it best thing"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.