All my babies together in church - I am so blessed!
![]() |
| Ending Christmas Eve services with a church tradition - Silent Night by cell phone flashlight light. |
Savannah reads Guardians of the Galaxy with Kallie.
Which one is yours, Kinsley?
Isaac
Ira asked for a remote control truck, a regular (non-remote) truck, and a Barbie he could give to Regan. He's so thoughtful of others. It was sad to see his disappointment that his remote control truck was broken by the end of the night. That should not be, so it is being returned.
This guy wanted money- trying to accumulate enough for the Nintendo Switch.
Kallie loves to be the center of attention and was thrilled with her Anna and Elsa toddler dolls.
Kinsley seemed to like her gifts which included a Barbie car and Disney Princess Barbies - have you seen them? Their heads are enormous. However, Kinsley was struggling with an earache tonight.
Julia wanted money. She has a cart full of things she wants for her December 26th shopping after returning whatever Santa brings as she is convinced that she and Santa have different tastes. She's a fun one!
There may or may not have been a tantrum.
The big kids wanted gift cards for the most part. Zach asked for CDs and Logan delivered. Savannah wanted a variety of things including a jacket and art pens, and Austin delivered. He's another funny one. He received Savannah's list on Thanksgiving. It was all on Amazon, so he ordered it during our Thanksgiving gathering then told her he ordered her whole list except for one item. That stinker!
A little Play Doh action.
hamming it up
"Cheese"
Our traditional birthday cake for Jesus
Wyatt and Regan split the reading of the Christmas story from Luke 2. Regan did an amazing job even if Jesus was "circumized" (circumcised) and "convinced" (conceived).
Best quotes from Regan--
She really wanted a CraZ Art pedicure spa. When she opened it, she said, "I am hurting with joy!"
May we all hurt with joy over our Savior! Tonight was fun. The kids are always a blast, and my siblings and I have such fun rehashing old memories - especially memories of driving with Dad. However, the main thing is that we have the light of the world. This year I have been reminded of that again and again. In just the last two weeks; a friend has lost a parent, a friend has died leaving behind her husband and three children, friends have been traveling out of state for chemo treatments for their preschooler, and another friend had a thirteen hour emergency surgery for a life-threatening medical situation. My oldest friend, who is a widow, posted on FB tonight that this is the loneliest night of the year for her. She's not talking about missing out on Christmas Eve celebrations. She's talking about staying up late to give her kids a nice Christmas in the morning and doing it solo. If we lived next door to her, Andy and I would be there doing that with her, but we don't, and we have a road trip to take in the morning, but really I don't even deserve a pass given that.
Perspective. It's not about me. It's not about me when someone is downright hateful to me on social media even as I internalize it, and I want to defend myself. It's not about me when I concern myself with the trappings of Christmas. Our church always has a very nice Christmas Eve service, and do you know how I spent it today? Worrying about whether we turned off the tree - really ridiculous! This holiday is not all joy and lights. It's really painful for so many. I need to be better about loving others. I have been really convicted this season about how Jackie lived her life. She truly lived to love others.
I simplified a lot for Christmas this year. I am so grateful that all my kids were together tonight, and God willing will be there tomorrow. We aren't promised anything.












No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.