2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Letterman




Just a few days ago, we gathered to celebrate a great Cross Country season.  Our girls' team landed on the state podium in 3rd place, and one of our boys took the state title. Wyatt even joined the team at the state meet as an alternate which included an overnight stay - his first high school field trip! Wyatt is a letterman, and he's not even halfway through his freshman year!  Wyatt's season went well with continual improvement and a race where he paced at < 8 minute miles.  He's looking forward to track, and even though we forced him into cross country, I am pretty sure he will return next year.  His teammates and coaches were superb!  So excited to follow this team for three more years (God-willing)!

While Wyatt finished the season healthier and stronger, that's more than can be said of his mom.  I have worked out despite straining my calf muscle, and that proved to be an unfortunate decision.  I was hanging a bulletin board on Friday and stepped off of a chair wrong.  I did not fall, contrary to what my husband has been telling people, but I did feel a popping sensation and limped my way through the rest of the day.  I was more than anxious to get home and get it elevated and iced.  I spent Friday afternoon and evening in bed resting my bum leg.  I worked all day Saturday, and post rest and with the added support of Rock tape, I was improved.  I am more improved today, but the rest has caused a crick in my neck, so my leg has literally become a pain in my neck. According to the Internet, I have to rest my calf injury for a full two weeks for full recovery, and the Internet doesn't lie, right?  Actually, Andy confirmed the prognosis of the internet.  Bummed that I am missing opportunities to continue my work out streak and advance toward my 150 class goal of the year, and even more bummed that I will not get into our new center (we are moving this week) until after the first several classes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.