Cross Country practices and meets have kept us running. These guys! These coaches! Incredible people pouring into my boy.
I returned to my college town and met up with some of my closest college friends for a weekend. It was like we never left each other. Must do again and with everyone next time!
These girls cheered their last football game together. It hurts my heart to think of how Julia has loved cheer and especially cheering for football. She's giving it up so that she can enjoy football games without a job to do and because cheer is a sport with little respect at her school. I have tried to no avail to get her to consider another school. She loves her community there.
Early in October Andy and I decided to hike a trail and then decided we would hike the same trail every weekend of the month so that we would not miss the fall leaves. We only hiked it twice as rain kept us away, and I believe this last hike is the best we will get on the leaves as rain has been bringing them down this week.
I love the colors of fall. To get home I have to drive a winding road with lots of colorful trees, and we have a park very close to home, and the ride to the parking is stunning. I think fall may be the most beautiful season, but the waning daylight hours make it one of my least favorites.
This compassionate and encouraging son of mine celebrated a birthday and only asked that we donate anything we would have spent on him to hurricane relief. For a guy whose love language is gifts, this is huge!
Family weekend for Savannah started with a Cross Country meet for Wyatt. I love that he waves at me when he passes.
We visited a horse park and museum. So much to see in so little time. We had planned to visit the park anyway, but Wyatt's cross country meet happened to be held there.
This guy was the last to ride Man O War and at 91 years old, he's still working the barn.
These beauties - oh my!
Julia and I opted to try a fall photo shoot. We missed some terrific weekend days and ended up doing this on a chilly day with crummy light. My newly fixed camera lens did alright, but as I edited the pictures I realized that I probably need to start saving for a replacement. Yikes!
Julia's favorite
my favorite - this says Julia to me - always funny, always laughing
An update on that previous post -
The child who was struggling still has some challenges but is doing much, much better.
The intimidating appointment was not so bad. We face another appointment and surgery for said child soon. Right now medical and dental bills are piling up, so the financial piece of this equation is most intimidating at the moment.







No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.