How many of you know where you were nineteen years ago this week? On the day after Easter and the first weekday of spring break, I had plans. Work needed to be completed as my due date quickly approached. This smart, artistic, witty, selfless, penguin loving girl had other plans. She came into the world and promptly peed on the doctor's shoe. She then screamed until she was fed- an irony of sorts as she was born at almost the exact length and weight of her older brother. One month later I was in the doctor's office with her, convinced she was starving as her weight was significantly behind what his had been at one month old. I learned the difference between boys and girls pretty quickly - boys feed every two hours, girls feed every four. Happy Birthday, Savannah!!!
We drove to her college town to celebrate her birthday a day late. As it is Easter weekend, she was torn between coming home for Easter and staying at school with the friends she has come to love over the year. They will all part ways in a few weeks and will not likely get together again until August. Savannah also has some really busy weeks ahead as the semester quickly draws near to a close. I offered a compromise and said we would come see her. Less time on the road for her, and she still gets to visit with family on her birthday/Easter weekend. We did not all make it up there as I had hoped. Wyatt opted not to go, and the schedule was too tight for Zach to be home in time for work.
Nineteen candles. We found a table on campus to enjoy her birthday cheesecake. As we were struggling to light the candles, Savannah pointed out that they call that area the wind tunnel. Somehow we managed to get them all lit before they melted the M&Ms covering the top of the cake.
For the third year in a row, Savannah wants shoes for her birthday. She has not tried on the brand nor determined the style for the shoes she wants, so we will wait until that is confirmed to buy them. However, I don't think a pair of shoes will compare to the 90% she earned on her chem test, taken on her birthday. She knew the day would be a busy/stressful one, and that 90 is before the test is curved, so it may be even better.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.