My plans for what was supposed to be a stormy day included a long overdue household project. However, when I walked out of the gym that morning, the day was the most beautiful I had seen in a while, so I raced home where I picked up Wyatt and coerced convinced him that we needed to go for a walk in the park. I knew just the park too - one where we could see horses. I had two spring break bucket list items and one included going to a horse park for two days where I could bask in all the beauty of one of God's most gorgeous creatures, in my opinion. We would also go horseback riding there. However, the only child who would and could have done that with me took off for the beach, and really none of them seem truly interested, so I might have to add that to the dating bucket list. My other plan was a pedicure, but I decided to forgo that until summer or after a hard day at work.
Just look at that blue sky! The storms did indeed arrive- just many hours after originally predicted. I parked too far down the trail as I had only gone as far as the horses once and that was with Andy who parked closer to them. Wyatt was a good sport for what turned out to be a much longer than intended walk.
The payoff - Just look at this beauty queen! Some had the mountains for spring break. Some had the beach, but I think she's almost as pretty as either. Don't get me wrong, I love both the mountains and the beach and really, really look forward to visiting both, but it's fun to see horses too.
That long walk ended with a trip to DQ for some refreshment. I guess I looked pretty bad when we arrived. I was still in my gym attire and had not done my hair or makeup. While we enjoyed our treats, I glanced at my receipt and realized that our server had gifted me with the senior discount. Um, I am almost a decade away from qualifying for that. Yikes!
After that gorgeous day on Wednesday, I made good on a promise to spend the day with Wyatt and some of his buddies at a fun park. Thursday was not so gorgeous. In fact, it started off wet and freezing. We took our chances that the course would dry and the kids could do the go-karts, so we (as in the parents - not Andy and me) bought unlimited activity passes for the kids. They played arcade games, laser tag, and did three holes on the miniature golf course in addition to driving go-karts. I mostly stayed warm and dry inside, stepping out only briefly to get some pictures to commemorate the day.
Meanwhile, as promised my nephew sent me a better picture of Julia and him.
The rest of spring break got a little crazy. I worked most of the day on Friday on said household project. I babysat these five kiddos on Saturday (very grateful for Wyatt's help and Julia's eventual return to help) so that Tessa and John could move. I then helped out a sick friend on Sunday. I returned to work on Monday and then spent the evening in the ER with my brother - a packed ER, I might add. He's okay and was released that night.
![]() |
| Kallie - 14 months |
| Regan (6), Wyatt (14), Ira (4 -soon to be 5), and Isaac (3) |
![]() |
| Kinsley |
![]() |
| Regan and Kallie |
So I have to share some things about babysitting my nieces and nephews. The baby, Kallie, loves to be held. She randomly comes up to be picked up, and I am worried about whether she will learn to talk quickly. Kallie knows how to get what she wants. She simply points. She's really sweet, almost never cries.
Regan already has that oldest child, mother hen thing going. When Kinsley appeared with an outlet safety plug in her hand, Regan suggested that it was clearly time for Kinsley to take a nap.
Ira has the best quotes. He needed a fresh shirt, so I offered him a sleeveless shirt. His response, "I don't like those. They tickle my armpits, don't you know?" That reminded me of a Zach memory. When he tested for kindergarten, he was asked where his armpits were, and he pointed to his ankles.
The move took much longer than expected, and it ended up being a really late night. Ira asked to go to bed and then changed his mind stating, "I am going to wait until I am exhausted. Exhausted means really, really tired."
The last few days have wiped me out, so I am pretty much exhausted right now. Goodnight.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.