Julia awoke early. It's the one day of the year where she gets up plenty early. Nobody is more excited in this house about Christmas than this girl. She loves shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts and receiving gifts. Julia waited for hours for her siblings to get up and join her and entertained herself at the top of the stairs.
Julia is so funny. Each child gets a Santa gift wrapped in Santa paper, and they get two gifts from Mom and Dad. Julia, Savannah, and Zachary also shop for each other. We were at Sam's earlier this month, and I love their wrapping paper. The rolls last forever. I have one roll that I am so tired of, and I am convinced it is regenerating. We've been wrapping gifts with it for five years, and Julia even took it to school this year where her class used it to wrap 20 shoeboxes, and there is still plenty left. Needless to say Sam's has the most economical, quality paper I can find. Last year I decided to start buying an additional roll each year to have some variety. Julia was with me, and we both loved this Santa paper, so I bought it. It was the first time any of the kids got to see the Santa paper purchased. On Christmas morning, she kept smarting off about how Santa's paper looked just like the paper I bought at Sam's. So funny.
I did not get any shots of Wyatt on Christmas Eve, so it's nice to have some Christmas morning smiles from him. He's growing so fast that we replenished some of his favorite t-shirts with sizes that leave some room to grow. This week I will have to take him shoe shopping. Whether he has outgrown his shoes or not, I am not sure, but they are worn out.
Savannah got some state pride gifts this year which will be fun to take back to school with all of her out of state friends.
A happy guy with some team apparel.
Her big brother came through with a much desired gift.
Zach loves gift giving, and he loves Shiloh, so he made sure she was not left out.
Andy and Savannah cooked a delicious feast, and Joshua joined us, so that was extra fun. After dinner, we played some of Joshua's new games. I knew the kids would be bored by midday, so I told Joshua and my nephews to come over so that they could all hang out and play games. Austin and Logan had other obligations, but Savannah especially loved having her uncle here and winding the day down with some good, clean fun. Just so you know, Andy and I can both get away with murder when playing Murder and Deception in Hong Kong.
It's been a merry Christmas.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.