We celebrated Wyatt's 14th (yes 14th!) birthday yesterday. Normally we celebrate earlier so that we can put more distance between his birthday and Christmas, but this year we felt it important to have Savannah home. I thought that we had confirmed that everyone except Tara could make the date we chose, but that was apparently not the case. Unfortunately, we have many members of the family who are working in their peak season, so Wyatt's birthday is not well attended. We splurged on good pizza this year and bought far too much as we expected more people. Fortunately, Wyatt is pretty laid back about it, so it does not bother him to have a smaller party. I struggled through it as I missed having Dad here.
DQ cake--woo hoo!!
A highlight- Julia teaches Jonathan how to dance.
I loved how Isaac photobombed this picture with Tessa's family.
Isaac flashed gang signs with his own family. Say what?!
Another fun moment was when we were discussing the sale of Dad's cars. Someone said that he's probably regretting buying those cars now. Jonathan pointed out that he's not thinking about his cars. My response, "No. He's too busy quizzing Abraham on the twelve tribes of Israel."
One day at a time.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.